Transfer grade from rubric

Jump to solution
venitk
Community Champion

I found couple of old threads about this issue, but they seem to indicate that the problem has been fixed, but it doesn't seem like it has. 

I created a rubric through outcomes. This rubric would be used for all the discussions in the course. I saved the rubric, then edited it, then clicked "use rubric for grading," saved and closed. Then I searched for and applied that rubric to all my discussions. 

When I went to grade, I found the grade wasn't transferring. I edited the rubric from that particular discussion and realized the box was no longer checked. 

What's the work around? Do I need to go into each assignment and make sure the box is checked? In other words, can I not check it at the rubric level but at the assignment level? Also, will I need to recheck this box every time the course is copied?

These are the two threads on the topic that I discovered, but they're from 2015 and 2016. The latter indicates that the issue was fixed. 

transfer score from rubric to gradebook 

https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/8482 

1 Solution
rachelkrist
Community Novice

Same thing is happening to me! I did a chat support and they told me to edit the rubric for each individual assignment and recheck the box. It's a 20-second fix, but still annoying.

View solution in original post