cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Using Notebowl in Canvas

Hello,

I have a faculty member asking about Notebowl.  She is specifically interested in how it could help her with Discussions.  It's a class with multiple discussion posts due each week. I see there was a CanvasLive webinar in Aug but I didn't know what it was at the time.  Did anyone attend?  Anyone currently using it?  Any input re: pros/cons?  Is it accessible?  

Thank you in advance!

Amy

15 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi arovner@shoreline.edulaurakgibbs, ahuffman@ciis.edu and silveira.10@osu.edu‌,

The Notebowl webinar in August was recorded and will be posted on the event page (Partner Webinar: Social Learning Comes to Canvas with Notebowl )  along with the slide deck. 

Let me know if you want any other information!!

Highlighted

Thanks for checking on that ahuffman@ciis.edu‌! I think biray@instructure.com‌ is coordinating partner events now, so she might know if there is a recording or if there is something else scheduled!

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Amy. I signed up for the event, but was unable to attend. I cannot find a recording of the event, and comments have been disabled on the Canvas Live event page for Notebowl. This is disappointing as I was really interested and wanted to learn more about this tool. Perhaps they will schedule another event.

Highlighted

Hi Laura, I'm also interest to know more about Notebowl. I thought it would be a good tool to use on discussions, to engage students and motivating them to participate sharing their comments, opinions, and asking questions. I would to know more from someone already using Notebowl on Canvas. What are the pros and cons of Notebowl?

Highlighted
Community Member

I'm VERY curious about Notebowl, so replying here to keep up with this discussion.

I currently run a student blog network, and that suits my needs, but I know I could never use Canvas Discussions (basically: ugh), so if I were not already committed to student blogs, I would want something like Notebowl.

I am so curious to hear from an actual user what it is like!

I used to run a Ning for my classes, and I am guessing Notebowl is something like that.