Add teachers to your classes?

Jump to solution
agross2
Community Member

Team:

Is there a way to share your classes with other teachers/aides so they can support students?

Thank you,

Annette

0 Likes
1 Solution
bengaynor
Community Participant

Hi!

I can think of a few options.

Option 1: Add additional teachers. As an instructor, you can probably, unless your institution limits you, add additional teachers to the course. You can do this in the People tab: +People, type in the ID/email, and then choose Teacher as the role. Be careful. If you make someone else a teacher, they have all of the same controls you do over the course. If you don't trust someone to not accidentally delete something or mess up your course, you should NOT do this.

Option 2: Add a TA.I believe TA permissions are controlled by your institution. They might have all of the same permissions as a teacher, but at least they have a slightly different designation. Check with your institution about how to limit TA involvement. I had an independent study student, and his liaison was a TA for his section only, so I wasn't concerned about her affecting the rest of the sections.

Option 3: Observer. If the aides are working with specific students, they could join your course as observers. They would be limited in what they could do and will be linked to specific students. For example, they can see their assigned student's grades, assignments, announcements... but they can't submit on behalf of the student or access other student data. Typically, parents/guardians are observers, but I've had liaisons/aides do it too.

I hope some of those suggestions helped!

-Ben

View solution in original post

0 Likes