Adding Existing Users to Sub-Account Group

Jump to solution
mdthomas
Community Contributor

I'm looking for a method to add a new user to a group at the sub-account level.  The steps to add a person to a sub-account group I know.  My problem is that our users are added in by our SIS to the root account.  But then we create sub-accounts and groups under those sub-accounts, especially so departmental adminstrators can manage.  However, a new administrative assistant account was created, she is not tied to a particular course underneath the sub-account.  However, I need to add her to a group under the sub-account.  I know her account exists, but when adding the person and using the search, I am always presented with "No Users Found". 

I didn't want to use a spreadsheet to create and manage the group, because then I would have to use a spreadsheet to add/remove members.  So, how do you assign an existing user to a sub-account?  Any other advice that might assist in this situation?

- Melissa

1 Solution
kona
Community Champion

mdthomas​, I was looking into this again and my only work around is to create a dummy/sandbox course that is linked to the sub-account and then add anyone you'd like to be able to add to a group in that sub-account who isn't already showing up. Not perfect, but it seems like it would work.

View solution in original post