Automated Extended Deadlines as Accommodations for Students

Daumanator
Community Member

Is there a way to grant extended deadline permissions to specific students for the entirety of the course? I am referring to students who have an IEP/504 plan that allows them additional days to submit an assignment without a late penalty. I know how to assign individual extensions for them for a single assignment, but it gets overbearing to go through that process for every assignment for just a handful of students.

What I am looking for is a way to automate the extension for each student in that Canvas is able to identify which students have been granted extension permission so that their assignments are not counted as late until their specified extension has been met.

For example, if I have four students who have a 504 that allows them two extra days on assignments, I would like to grant them some sort of Extension Permission where I identify each student as having a two-day extension for a specific assignment category (that way to differentiate tests/discussions from actual homework). This would instead apply the extension to these specific students for every assignment in that category instead of having to add those four students to each individual assignment to address their 504.