cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teachermarshall

Can I import completed quizzes and the teacher comments/feedback into a new course?

Hey hivemind - 

Due to a variety of reasons, we had to give a quiz in Canvas on the last day of quarter. We have the same students the next quarter but have to create new courses for each quarter. Is there a way to import the quiz and the feedback from the quiz into the new course? I can import the quiz just fine but the student's answers, teacher feedback, and scores are not importing with it. 

I am really hoping someone can tell me there is a way they can still see their assessments and teacher feedback!

Edit - I am not as worried about the scores - I can manually do those, it is the feedback on their answers that I is the valuable piece and I really want them to have access to.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @teachermarshall ...

I've not tried this process myself, but this might be worth trying.  (I am assuming that in your new course that you have the exact same quiz and the exact same students):

1. In the course where the students have taken the quiz already, export the Gradebook: How do I export grades in the Gradebook? - Canvas Community
  2. Remove any columns in the CSV file that you don't want to upload to the new course.
  3. Import the revised CSV file to the new course.  How do I import grades in the Gradebook? - Canvas Community

You might want to first try this entire process in your school's "test" environment before you try it in your school's "production" environment (this is the environment that you normally sign in to).  How do I access the Canvas test environment as an ... - Canvas Community  Just be sure to sign out of the "test" environment before returning to your normal "production" environment.

Sing out if you have any questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
gnoack
Community Champion

Hi teachermarshall,

Just another thought, are the students restricted from accessing the course from the previous quarter?  If so, why not let them have access to it? You can conclude the course so they can only view their work, but not participate in any activities. 

Check out this guide.

How do I change the start and end dates for a course? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-change-the-start-and-end-dates-for-a-co...

0 Kudos