Canvas logging students out with strange message

clovis
Community Explorer

Howdy, y'all. This semester (which is my first semester using Canvas) is almost at an end. During the semester, on three occasions (to different students in different courses) students have told me that Canvas stopped working in the middle of a timed quiz that they were taking. The usual Canvas quiz screen was suddenly replaced by a blank screen with a strange message (HTML code?) at the top.

Luckily, each of the students took a screen shot of the message and sent it to me. The three messages are almost identical (except for the date and time within the message). Here is one of these messages:

{"backup": false, "end_at": "20-11-10T20:09:24Z", "end_at_without_time_limit":"20-11-11T07:59:00Z", "time_left":93}

Because all three messages mention a time limit I assume that this message is coming from Canvas.

Because it only happened three times during the semester it has not been a major problem. But I would rather it not happen at all (especially on the upcoming final exam).

Does anyone have any insight as to what is causing this bug and how to stop it from happening?

Thank you,

Clovis

Labels (6)