How to add a rubric to an Office365 Cloud Assignment

Jump to solution
ReuterKatyisd
Community Member

So, I created a rubric and added it to my assignment.  When I select the submission type to be an external tool using Office 365 Cloud Assignment, the rubric disappears.  I can't grade my assignments with the rubric.  Does anybody have suggestions on how to remedy this?  Thank you!

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @ReuterKatyisd ...

Even if you first added the rubric to your Canvas assignment (like you normally would) and then changed the submission type to an External Tool later on, the rubric will still be attached to the assignment.  The difference is that you will not be able to view it under the assignment directions like normal.  You can still access the rubric via the assignment's SpeedGrader so that you can grade student work.  Also, students can access the rubric from the Grades screen.  Please check out this Guide: How do I view the rubric for my external tool assignment?.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ReuterKatyisd ...

Just a quick update for you.  I was looking through the June 21, 2023 Deploy Notes, and I saw some welcome news for everyone.  It looks like you'll be able to add rubrics to external tools right away.  Check out the section on Assignments: External Tools Add Rubric Button.

Canvas Deploy Notes (2023-06-21) - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

View solution in original post