Issues with Annotations in Speedgrader on my iPad

Jump to solution
Rachel_S
Community Participant

I've been using Speedgrader through the Canvas Teacher App on my iPad. My annotated comments have started floating away--they don't stay or appear where I put them. Even if I can find them somewhere else on the page, I can't move them to where I want them.
I liked grading on my iPad, but I can't waste my time doing that anymore because I always have to get onto the computer to find and move my annotated comments or I just give up and start fresh but deleting all the annotations I can find.
What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
gcollins1
Community Participant

Canvas Support, after looking at video of my professor grading, responded:
"Thank you for that. The main reason we will see some of the annotations be removed when the submissions are left and then come back to will be because the submission page was left before the annotation was completely saved. This can happen if the page is left too quickly, or if there may be trouble with the connection. To avoid this, they will want to make sure that the top of the submission page says "all annotations saved". We've done some testing as well and haven't been able to reproduce any trouble with annotations saving with any consistency. Let us know if you have any other questions."

My comments: I think it is unfortunate that one of the aspects of using SpeedGrader on a tablet with a stylus, specifically, that it was fast and easy to swipe left, is at the root of the problem here. It is unfortunate that swiping left speedily, after annotating, does not allow SpeedGrader to keep caught up, so losing data. But it is always nice to have an answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes