Sent Folder in Inbox

Jump to solution
naveen_mital
Community Member

I have thousands of emails in my sent folder. There should be an option to select all so I can delete them all in one click. All email clients including Outlook have this option. Please provide this option in Canvas Inbox.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @naveen_mital ...

There are two things I can address with your request:

• While there is no "select all" option that I can find in the Canvas Inbox, there is something you can do on your end that will make this a little bit less troublesome for you.  When in your "Sent" folder of your Canvas Inbox, click on the first message that you'd like to delete on the left side of the Inbox.  Then, scroll down the screen to the last message that you'd like to delete (you may have to do this in chunks depending on how many messages you want to delete).  Before clicking on the last message you want to delete, hold down your "Shift" key on your keyboard.  Then, click on the last message you want to delete.  If you did it correctly, all messages between those two that you selected (including the two you selected, too) should be highlighted on your screen.  Then, click on the trash can icon to delete those messages from your "Sent" folder.
  • It sounds like you are actually suggesting an enhancement / Feature Idea for Canvas.  There is a separate area of the Community to submit your ideas (within the PRODUCT >> IDEA CONVERSATIONS menu at the top of any screen here in the Community).  I actually found an existing Feature Idea that may align with your request: Delete all emails at once - Canvas Community.  If you feel that this Feature Idea does align with something you'd like to see implemented by Canvas engineers, you may want to give it a star rating (How do idea conversations work in the Canvas Commu... - Canvas Community) and also post a comment to let Instructure know why this is important to you.

I hope this information will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes