Setting up video conference for my class

Jump to solution
MrGibson
Community Member

I start teaching 2nd grade and am trying to learn how to set up video conferencing with my students on Canvas using BBB?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Steven_S
Community Champion

You need to have the conferences tab enabled.  You can add this to your navigation bar using settings>navigation if you do not have it already.  Using the conferences tab your view will let you schedule a meeting in BBB.  You can schedule the meeting to be recorded, and available for a short time (2 weeks I think) to only those who were originally invited to the meeting.  At the scheduled time you will return to the conferences tab to start the meeting.  Your students will use the same tab to join the meeting.  Once you are in the BBB meeting there is a whiteboard space, that you can load powerpoint slides into, and draw/type on.  There are options for students to enter in "listen only" mode or with their microphone.  There is also a chat box.  There are several other options I have not tested.  You can practice with one device logged in as yourself, and a second device using the "test student" in canvas. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes