Student email

Jump to solution
GailRadley
Community Member

How can I give students access to each others' email addresse?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @GailRadley ...

I do not know of any options within Canvas that would allow a student to see another student's e-mail address.  Are you wanting them to send messages to each other to communicate throughout your course?  If so, students in your course can communicate via the Canvas Inbox.  And, if students so choose, they can be notified via e-mail of those messages.  Keep in mind that Canvas does not have e-mail.  This means that you and your students cannot send messages to friends and family who are not enrolled in the courses that you and your students are teaching/taking.  Also, your friends and family cannot send you e-mails that you would then get inside of the Canvas Inbox.  But again, you and your students can use the Canvas Inbox to communicate with each other ... similar to e-mail.  I would recommend watching the following short video tutorial to learn more about the Canvas Inbox: Conversations Overview (All Users) - Canvas Community.

I hope this will be of help to you, Gail.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post