cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HGHaskell
Surveyor

Attempts on Speed grader

I have two section of the same class so the quiz settings are identical when it comes to quizzes.  For one class, when there are multiple attempts, I can see the individual attempts in speed grader using a drop down menu of attempts.  

drop_down_speedgrader.jpg

In the other class, however, I do not get the same drop down menu but rather a link that takes me out of speedgrader which kind of defeats the purpose.

No_drop_down_speedgrader.jpg

Is there a setting for this that I am missing?  I would really like to have the drop down menu so that I can see the multiple attempts without having to leave Speedgrader.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @HGHaskell ...

This is interesting.  I've never seen that behavior before.  So, I searched through some of the Canvas Guides, and I think I found an answer for you: How do I view the details of a submission for a st... - Canvas Community.  The last section in this Guide, "See All Quiz Attempts", states the following:

If a quiz includes more than 65 total submissions, individual attempts cannot be viewed in SpeedGrader. To view prior quiz attempts for a specific student, click the See all quiz attempts link.

Do you happen to have more than 65 total submissions for that particular quiz?  If so, that's why.  If not, then it might be best to contact the Canvas Help Desk folks to see what other things might be causing you to see the link instead of the drop-down menu.  How do I contact Canvas Support? - Canvas Community

I hope this helps a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.