Create and Rename menu items

susquehannock
Community Member

I have taught online courses for years. I was forced to switch to Canvas this year. It does have a clean overall design, but it is very limited in functionality. 

These are things that I need/am missing in Canvas that would enable my students to succeed in my classes.

1. I need the ability to create additional menu items. I do not want to use Canvas' "modules" as a catch-all for things in my course. I have never used the word "modules" in a class and I do not use them to organize materials. Professors should have the ability to organize the classes in ways that facilitate student learning. This includes creating additional menu items and giving us the ability to rename menu items.

2. I do not give quizzes. I need a menu item named exams. I want the ability to rename the "quizzes" tab to exams. For people who do give quizzes, there should be two menu options, quizzes and exams.

3. There should be a way create questions worth bonus points in exams. Instead of the easy way to do this in other systems (like Blackboard, where you just click "bonus" and say how many points), in Canvas I'm told I have to make the questions worth 0 points then go back in and grade those questions by hand.

Labels (1)
0 Likes