Is it possible to change the originator's name on imported announcements?

Jump to solution
dsp57
Community Member

When a course is imported from a previous one, the announcements get anonymized (i.e., the name/avatar of the originator is replaced  with a "circle U") and other help-documents indicate that students won't receive them; although, they evidently do show on the list of announcements for students to see.

Is there a way to get imported announcements to have my name associated with them, so students receive them and know who originated them?

The only thing I've been able to do is recreate them one-by-one via copy-paste, which is tedious.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
gnoack
Community Champion

I've never noticed this before, but I have it in mine, too. It is a known issue. 

"A profile picture displaying the letter U in place of a user's profile picture indicates that an announcement was imported using a course copy, the Course Import Tool, or a blueprint course. Additionally, copied announcements do not include a posted date and time."

It seems the only way to fix it is create a new post and copy/paste content.  I tried sending a copy of the post to myself and it still showed the U.  This would be a great feature request. 

View solution in original post