cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

New Quizzes and SpeedGrader

We have been working swiftly to make a lot of our content available online and user friendly for both students and teachers. I am very happy with most of the features in New Quizzes on the student end - things are working great for them. It's on the teacher end that things get difficult. I'm hoping that enough people can interact with this post to help Canvas to make these features available:

1. In Classic Quizzes, when students submitted work that needed grading by a teacher, it is notated with an orange dot. When it has been graded by the teacher, that dot changed to a checkmark. Now, all submissions, whether they have been seen by the teacher or not, are given a checkmark. With over 150 students, it is incredibly cumbersome to sort through and keep track of who has been graded and who has not. This is a feature that MUST be added for New Quizzes to be user friendly. 
  2. The option to grade one question at a time would make SpeedGrader actually speedy. For instance, if only question #4 of a quiz needs to be hand-scored by the teacher, I could view all the question #4s at once instead of loading each student's quiz and scrolling to that question. I'm not sure yet if this feature was available on Classic Quizzes, but it would be an incredibly helpful feature.

If you have any great work arounds or if you know how to make these features work, I would be forever grateful! If you agree, give this comment "kudos" and we might be more likely for the Canvas wizards to take a longer look at these requests? 

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I completely agree! This is such a needed tool!

Highlighted
Surveyor

YES. This. These features are the only holdback we have to New Quizzes. If these features were added, we wouldn't need Old Quizzes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Yes! PLEASE!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Completely agree!  This is a necessary tool 👍  Please make it happen! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I agree 100%! This is a necessary tool!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I completely agree. I usually avoid New Quizzes because of this issue and the issue that the information screen and the question screen are accessed in two separate ways. With the exception of the couple new question types, I feel that New Quizzes are a step backward.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Please fix this!  It would make using the new quizzes so much faster/easier and worthwhile.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I completely agree!  It's so frustrating to go to the gradebook to be able to see the assignment, and then get into the speedgrader.  When I'm updating a grade because I put one essay question in, I have to click update at least twice (once to update the grade on the assignment, and a second or third time to update the grade on the gradebook).  While you're looking at it, having the graded surveys and ungraded surveys as an option in New Quizzes would be nice.  There are so many nice features about New Quizzes, but I love those surveys for my content and getting quick information.

Labels