cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Online Exams on Canvas

Hello,

I put most of my exams on Canvas as online and it has worked very well except in a couple of instances.  A couple of times this semester students took 50 question multiple choice and true/false exams along with say 20+ other students.  The grades posted properly except for a few students that say they took the exam and told me what their score was yet I have no evidence they ever started or finished the exams.  A couple of these are very good students, but one I doubted for sure.  Is there any way a student could take the exam (this was an online course so there was no proctoring) and Canvas not pick it up?  I would appreciate some thoughts today as I must turn in final grades by tonight.  Thank you!  Prof. Kluting @ Schreiner University in Kerrville, TX.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @rdkluting ...

By chance, do you have the quiz audit logs feature turned on in your course(s)?  How do I view a quiz log for a student? - Canvas Community  As the note at the bottom of the blue box indicates, you may need to ask your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning / eLearning department to enable this feature for you if it is not available in your course.  This would allow you to see the attempts of your students for the quiz(zes) in question.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.