cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

add feature to add announcements to Modules

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure how to create this as petition of sorts to Canvas to have them include this feature. But anyways, I think it would be great if we were able to easily add our announcements to our modules. Right now, the online things available that we can quickly add are: discussions, assignments, text header, external links, quizzes, files, and a couple other things. But I noticed that we can't easily add announcements to our modules. I think this would be a great feature especially since as an online teacher, I usually make weekly and sometimes daily announcements to notify my students or remind them of assignments etc. Though we have an announcements page, how many students actually will look there? I have edited my homepage so that announcements appear at the top of the page, but I think it would be even better and more directive if I were able to add the announcement to the module so that way, I know my students can keep track of any updates or news.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Yes, that's an interesting idea, although I believe the feature of an "Announcement" is only to do what you are actually using it for now, just an Announcement.  They should see it separately to know this is special announcement not actual work in your Modules. It might be too much "Clutter mail" in their Module of actual work, if it's in their modules.  Unless.. you're really good at removing it right after the day is done?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @janellal ...

Interesting idea for sure.  However, this is not the correct area of the Community to be submitting your Feature Idea request.  You'll need to do that by clicking on the PRODUCT menu at the top of any page here in the Community and then selecting IDEA CONVERSATIONS.  You'll see a red "Suggest an idea" button on the following page, and this is where you can begin to create a Feature Idea...and possibly find one that already exists that is similar to what you want in Canvas.

I hope this will help a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
Labels