using my own quizzes in commons

Jump to solution
rebekah_mcminn
Community Member

I need help. 

I ran into a problem tonight that I experienced during Spring #Coviducation.  I thought then that I had just screwed something up as I had never used Canvas prior to the never ending Spring Break.

Turns out it's either that I'm still a complete noob or I need a work around.

I used a quiz that I built in the spring and had shared to Commons. This is a vocab quiz (Voc 21) which we do most weeks, so I want to use the shell of the quiz and swap out the words and answers so that I don't have to recreate the format and instructions each week..

I imported it last week and made changes to it to fit the current assignment. (Voc.2) Tonight, I imported again and was making changes to it for this week.(Voc 3). 

I realized that I wanted to use the wording from last week (Voc 2) in the instructions rather than the ones from this past Spring, so saved what I had so far and went to my module from last week to copy it.

Well  - the quiz that I used last week (Voc 2) had changed to the one that I started tonight (Voc 3)!! I freaked out a little, so deleted the one that I had started (Voc 3) and then went back to check the Module and instead of last week's being Voc 2  - it was back to the original that I imported!!!! (Voc 21)

The questions in last week's (Voc 2) had reverted back to the ones from the Spring, as had the name of the assignment. I got into the Speed Graders and checked the kids that had already taken it ( there are still about 5 that have not) and their questions were the ones that I had assigned them.

But when I tried it as a test student to see, it was the quiz from the Spring.

I'm at a loss. How can I use Commons to help me not have to spend unnecessary time remaking a quiz every week???

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
jcarpenter1
Panda Pros
Panda Pros

Hello @rebekah_mcminn and welcome to the Community.   Check this link to make sure you aren't automatically updating the material when you change it.  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Commons/How-do-I-update-a-resource-I-previously-shared-to-Commons...

If you are using New Quizzes, why not duplicate the quiz and then edit the questions?  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-duplicate-a-New-Quizzes-assessment/ta-p...

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes