zoom and canvas

kmkletter
Community Member

When I try to open zoom in one of my  canvas courses, an error message appears saying I am an unrecorgnized user. I have a valid zoom account. I have checked to see if I am signed in. I pulled zoom into my navigation area according to the directions from canvas. Now I get the following message: 

Warning
User does not exist: kkletter@methodist.edu.
Error Code 1001 - INT_f282bcd54b244c88

I don't know what to do. My email address is correct. 
1 Comment
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @kmkletter ...

Could you help to clarify some details?  I am assuming that your school has chosen to integrate Zoom with Canvas, correct?  For example, do you have a "Zoom" course navigation button available to you within your Canvas courses?  (Check to see if that button is hidden or not: How do I manage Course Navigation links? - Canvas Community).  Also, when you say that you have a Zoom account... did you create that Zoom account on your own using your @methodist.edu address?  The reason I ask is... if your school's local Canvas administrator has integrated Zoom with Canvas, they need to have an account set up for you within their overall Zoom account in order for it to work properly in Canvas.  If you had made a Zoom account for yourself, however, it makes sense that it would not work in Canvas because your account isn't really tied to the overall Zoom account that your school has.  It's all about authentication into the Zoom interface when you are signed in to Canvas.  So, I would suggest that you reach out to someone at your school...such as a local Canvas administrator or your school's Online Learning/eLearning department.  They should be able to help get things figure out for you.  They may have a procedure in place for you to get things working properly for you in your Canvas course(s).

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, and be well.