cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

COURSE HACK NIGHT (instcon15)

Invite your colleagues and new instcon friends to join you by clicking the Share link on the right. If you are on a phone/tablet and don’t see a Share link, hold your device in landscape mode to see the share option. And tweet about it! #instcon#coursehacknight

COURSE HACK NIGHT

Course Hack Night is back, by popular demand! This event is for anyone interested in taking Canvas course design to the next octave. Instructure employees from our Community and Training team will be present along with long time Canvas users to help new(er) Canvas course designers and teachers find, and use built-in Canvas features and external educational tools (LTI apps).

DIGITAL BADGE

Want to make the most of this event? Click to learn more!

HACK NIGHT

(Click ^ link to jump to this event)

This is the event where programmers, engineers, LMS admins, app developers, and other nerds collaborate to squash bugs, fix things, make them better, you know… hack Canvas. Since this is right after dinner you’ll probably be full, but there will be a cash bar if you’re thirsty! Visit the Hack Night event to see who's coming and join the conversation!

Location Map: KOKOPELLI BALLROOM (Grand Summit)

Login to "Add a comment" below!

35 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

the burning question has been Why Pandas? We just got the answer.

Highlighted
Community Member

Had a blast collaborating with Deactivated user​ and Deactivated user​ re OER and Canvas Commons.

Highlighted
Community Member

jperkins@instructure.com​ is a Style Guide beast. I learned a ton at Hack Night this year and had a ton of fun in the process.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Had an amazing time working with mmaya@highline.edu​ in brainstorming the design of a professional design space for instructors!  Best of luck Maurea and it was so fun to visit with you!  Glad we could make more work for MLentini​!

Highlighted
Community Member

At Hack Night I ALSO learned that the state of Utah mandates 1.5 oz pours of Scotch; not a drop more.

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Great Hack Night!  Lots of innovative solutions....thanks Canvas Crew!

Highlighted
Community Member

I had fun at course hack night!  I accidentally walked into hack night first, saw all of the code, then found course hack night (more my speed!)  Everyone was so nice and friendly.  What a great way to collaborate!  Thanks all 🙂

Highlighted
Learner II

I got to learn a bit about Java coding from Ken. I stretched my brain a little bit, but enjoyed the exercise. I also was able to talk with other course folks and hopefully was able to add a little bit to others understandings and options.

I'll post my secret selfie with Ken here.

20150617_203508.jpg

Highlighted
Community Member

Met some fantastic people at Course Hack Night - only wish I had more time! (But I was busy catching a limited edition pink Canvas shirt outside!).

Connecting with "my people" is invaluable. How awesome to not have to censor my geekiness! Woot!

Also got to introduce Toby Murray from Kansas State to the new Canvas Community! Yay!

Highlighted
Explorer III

*sitting. Oh bother. Thanks for a great night!