cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

COURSE HACK NIGHT (instcon15)

Invite your colleagues and new instcon friends to join you by clicking the Share link on the right. If you are on a phone/tablet and don’t see a Share link, hold your device in landscape mode to see the share option. And tweet about it! #instcon#coursehacknight

COURSE HACK NIGHT

Course Hack Night is back, by popular demand! This event is for anyone interested in taking Canvas course design to the next octave. Instructure employees from our Community and Training team will be present along with long time Canvas users to help new(er) Canvas course designers and teachers find, and use built-in Canvas features and external educational tools (LTI apps).

DIGITAL BADGE

Want to make the most of this event? Click to learn more!

HACK NIGHT

(Click ^ link to jump to this event)

This is the event where programmers, engineers, LMS admins, app developers, and other nerds collaborate to squash bugs, fix things, make them better, you know… hack Canvas. Since this is right after dinner you’ll probably be full, but there will be a cash bar if you’re thirsty! Visit the Hack Night event to see who's coming and join the conversation!

Location Map: KOKOPELLI BALLROOM (Grand Summit)

Login to "Add a comment" below!

35 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I enjoyed the same! It was great to bounce ideas off of people. Collaboration is awesome. You never know who will have the (miracle) answer to a Canvas, PD, or pedagogy question!!

Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you so much to all of the brilliant minds at Hack Night!  scottd@instructure.com​ and Deactivated user​, thank you so much for walking me through sub-accounts at the K-12 level! 

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

I found Deactivated user​ and biray@instructure.com​ working on a Google App created by another Canvas user (Josh Blumberg) who was sitting over at the other side of #hacknight. So when they got stuck, they got up and walked over to talk to him. Cool!

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Had some really cool conversations at Course Hack Night, including a great way to use CanvasBadges for specific teacher-awarded badges (thanks to clong@hbuhsd.edu​).  I wish I had comer earlier in the night!  Such a great event!!

Highlighted
Surveyor

Several of us who are active here in the Jive community (kona@richland.edu , awilliams , Deactivated user , ...) had a table to answer questions about the #CanvasCommunity 2.0 - how-tos to strategies for staying involved to finding resources to bringing faculty in. We even had a sign. 🙂image.jpg

Highlighted
Surveyor

G.Petruzella@mcla.edu

Ask you anything?  That is a mighty big door.  As for questions, the following would be for the ideas area - anyway to modify the interface so that for each individual user, the light bulbs are yellow for ideas they have not voted for, green for up votes on ideas and red for down vote on ideas.

have fun.  I really wish I were there instead of here - for one it is probably much cooler.

Image result for sad panda gif

Ron

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Totally Agree!

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

I was glad to able to work with you last night! Don't hesitate to share the product of the things we learned!

Highlighted
Community Member

Great to meet people and work on items

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

I tried clicking on lovejive​ but I just got dry marker on my finger.

Top Kudoed Authors