cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

COURSE HACK NIGHT (instcon15)

Invite your colleagues and new instcon friends to join you by clicking the Share link on the right. If you are on a phone/tablet and don’t see a Share link, hold your device in landscape mode to see the share option. And tweet about it! #instcon#coursehacknight

COURSE HACK NIGHT

Course Hack Night is back, by popular demand! This event is for anyone interested in taking Canvas course design to the next octave. Instructure employees from our Community and Training team will be present along with long time Canvas users to help new(er) Canvas course designers and teachers find, and use built-in Canvas features and external educational tools (LTI apps).

DIGITAL BADGE

Want to make the most of this event? Click to learn more!

HACK NIGHT

(Click ^ link to jump to this event)

This is the event where programmers, engineers, LMS admins, app developers, and other nerds collaborate to squash bugs, fix things, make them better, you know… hack Canvas. Since this is right after dinner you’ll probably be full, but there will be a cash bar if you’re thirsty! Visit the Hack Night event to see who's coming and join the conversation!

Location Map: KOKOPELLI BALLROOM (Grand Summit)

Login to "Add a comment" below!

35 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hey Ron,

Unfortunately that isn't something we can configure in the current platform.  Good idea though.  For anyone reading; you can see a red or green up or down triangle next to the vote count in an idea when you have previously voted on it.

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Kristen I'm so glad we got to meet. It validated the need for our team to

dig deeper into understanding the structure of sub-accounts and make sure

we can create a great sharing experience for our users. Thank you for

sharing!

Kate McGee | Commons Product Manager

<http://instructure.com/>

<http://www.canvaslms.com/>

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 10:44 PM, Kristen Sauber <instructure@jiveon.com>

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I had a great time at course hack night and loved meeting a number of people from the community in person! There really isn't much cooler than connecting with someone face-to-face and feel like you already know them because you've been talking and sharing with them so much in the community forums!

Course hack night was also a good chance to connect and collaborate with people and I look forward to continuing some of our discussions in the community!

Highlighted

I talked a lot and had two margaritas!  Is that hacking?... if it is, I killed it!

Also Toby and my Texan friends were great.  So many great conversations.  I totally stole Toby's idea for the course photo roster to modify our campus version!

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Ditto Kona,

I think I spent about half the time with people I interact with regularly in the community and about half with new people - the best mix I could hope for I think.

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

A HUGE "Thank-You" to our engineer cody​ for working with my friend amcdona@ufl.edu​ to help with an issue that had been plaguing them for months!!  HackNight is where dreams come true!