cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

GAME NIGHT (instcon15)

Join us to learn, play, or mercilessly dominate the competition in board games from Blokus to Rummikub, 7 Wonders to Red7, Love Letter to Ultimate Werewolf, and many more!

10140950254_9cc740a36b_k.jpgWe know that you know what Monopoly is. It's that slow-paced game, where your Grandma's money is all yours because she rolled a 4 and not a 5. Total Domination.

But what if, instead of stealing from your grandma, you could work together to stop global eradication by dominating a rampaging disease? What if, instead of just throwing some dice and counting combinations, you could rampage through the city of Tokyo, battling other monsters, for well, domination. And like Yahtzee, chuck some cool dice, but instead of numbers you get to breathe fire, use a train as a weapon, or shrink your foes? What if you could hop across the country, collecting cards only to claim railroad lines before your competition. Wait, that doesn't sound like fun. But we swear it is!

You may be familiar with old games, but InstructureCon is about new ideas with Canvas, and we want to also bring you new ideas about, well, having fun. If you haven't tried some new board games, you should. And you get to interact with Instructure Employees and peers from around the globe. If you have and you still read all of this, please free to come, interact, teach, and bring a board game of your own.

Most of all, let's have some fun on the last night of InstructureCon!

Brought to you by: Canvas Network

Location Map: KOKOPELLI BALLROOM (Grand Summit)

Login to "Add a comment" below!

59 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Whoa!!!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

For those of you interested (and I hope this is ok to post here), but Amazon's Deal of the Day is up to 50% off on board games...some of which you probably played at InstructureCon 2015.  Gold Box Deals | Today's Deals - Amazon.com   "7 Wonders", "Munchkin", and "King of Tokyo" are on the list...among others.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

This is totally the place to post board game news...  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Learner II

You know ya'll are jelly!

IMG_0479[1].JPG

If you don't know what this is, it's the most backed kickstarter project ever!  http://www.explodingkittens.com

Just got in the mail yesterday

Highlighted
Community Member

just. awesome.

Highlighted
Community Member

I put Splendor in my cart in the morning, for $19.99, and when I went back later in the day, it was back up to like $36 😞

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Smiley Sad  It was a one-day sale because Gen Con 2015 was going on this past weekend in Indiana. 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

TicketToRide.jpgFor those interested...  the iPhone version of "Ticket to Ride", called "Ticket to Ride Pocket" just went free (normally $1.99) this morning on the Apple Store.  Ticket to Ride Pocket on the App Store  I don't know how long the sale will last, but you might want to get it quick.  The last time this app was free was early February 2013.

"Ticket to Ride Europe Pocket" is also free (not sure if it also just went on sale).  Ticket to Ride Europe Pocket on the App Store

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

I have pocket edition on my Android. It sooooooo tiny! But still great when I need a quick TTR fix. Smiley Happy