cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

GAME NIGHT (instcon15)

Join us to learn, play, or mercilessly dominate the competition in board games from Blokus to Rummikub, 7 Wonders to Red7, Love Letter to Ultimate Werewolf, and many more!

10140950254_9cc740a36b_k.jpgWe know that you know what Monopoly is. It's that slow-paced game, where your Grandma's money is all yours because she rolled a 4 and not a 5. Total Domination.

But what if, instead of stealing from your grandma, you could work together to stop global eradication by dominating a rampaging disease? What if, instead of just throwing some dice and counting combinations, you could rampage through the city of Tokyo, battling other monsters, for well, domination. And like Yahtzee, chuck some cool dice, but instead of numbers you get to breathe fire, use a train as a weapon, or shrink your foes? What if you could hop across the country, collecting cards only to claim railroad lines before your competition. Wait, that doesn't sound like fun. But we swear it is!

You may be familiar with old games, but InstructureCon is about new ideas with Canvas, and we want to also bring you new ideas about, well, having fun. If you haven't tried some new board games, you should. And you get to interact with Instructure Employees and peers from around the globe. If you have and you still read all of this, please free to come, interact, teach, and bring a board game of your own.

Most of all, let's have some fun on the last night of InstructureCon!

Brought to you by: Canvas Network

Location Map: KOKOPELLI BALLROOM (Grand Summit)

Login to "Add a comment" below!

59 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I recently picked up two card games from Amazon: "We Didn't Playtest This At All" and "We Didn't Playtest This Either" for 2 to 10 (maybe even 15) players.

We Didn't Playtest This at All - With Chaos Pack

We Didn't Playtest This Either

Great, quick games (30 seconds to 5 minutes) to use as ice-breakers or at a party.  The concept is silly and a bit stupid, but it's good for at least a few laughs (probably more).

Official site: We Didn't Playtest This at All

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Heads up, fellow gamers!  This week, Target has a sale on board games and an additional 25% off with free shipping.  I found this on the SlickDeals website: Board Games Sale: Settlers of Catan $33.75, Asmodee Takenoko, $24.37, Pandemic $14, Small World $20....

Highlighted
Community Member

pic314892_md.jpgI ❤️ Slickdeals, and esp my "Board Game" deal alert 😉 

For everyone else... you have chofer@morainepark.edu​, who is second to none!

I got to play some Stone Age this weekend. That was a real treat!

There's also an iOS version of this game if anyone is interested. It's a good mix of Agricola and maybe some Puerto Rico, with a hint of Settlers of Catan.  The theme is great and there's a hearty amount of strategy, even though there are dice involved. You can increase your odds of a certain roll... unlike Settlers.

Cheerio!

Highlighted
Explorer III

Game Lunch is the best lunch, and I have been playing a lot of Star Wars - The Living Card Game​ with a coworker lately. It is super involved and we have yet to actually finish a game - all the more reason to go back and play some more!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I learned the other evening that the "Europe" version of "Ticket to Ride Pocket" is going to be disappearing from the app store very soon...so you might want to get that while you can.  The regular version of "Ticket to Ride Pocket" is now free.  Sounds like there will be another announcement of some kind later this month from the game publisher.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

One more deal today...  if any of you are fans of the Munchkin card game ("the dungeon experience . . . with none of that stupid roleplaying stuff"), Amazon has it on sale right now for under $8!  This is a fantastic deal for a game that is normally $20 to $25 depending on where you find it.  Great game with lots of replay value, too!  Tons of expansions to add to the fun!  Official website: The World of Munchkin 

Amazon.com: Munchkin: Steve Jackson, John Kovalic: Toys & Games

Highlighted
Explorer III

My favorite iOS game, Monument Valley, is currently available for free! Lovingly crafted puzzler with an excellent, immersive soundtrack. It's really refreshing to see a non-violent game make such waves in the video game community.

Grab it while you can as I'm not sure how long this will last: Monument Valley on the App Store

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey all...

I just saw that Amazon is having a sale today (Deal of the Day) on lots of tabletop board games.

Amazon.com: TableTop Games Deal of The Day: Toys & Games

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I've been looking for a good deal on "Exploding Kittens", and one came up today on SlickDeals, so I thought I'd share.  Free shipping.  Total came to $10.73

Exploding Kittens Card Game $11 shipped Blinq.com - Slickdeals.net