Instructure
Instructure

Quizzes.Next: Modern Quizzing in Canvas

Home.pngSchedule.pngFood & Fun.pngPartners.pngHelp & FAQ.png

Tap/click map to enlarge

ic16_map_shavano_peak.png

Jason Sparks

Instructure - HigherEd & K12

What is the Modern Quizzing Engine all about? The answer to this question doesn't require multiple choice! Join the Canvas team to learn about the evolution of testing in Canvas.

182995_landscape.jpgComment and connect below
28 Replies
Community Member

Is this going to be a live videofeed of this session? Or just sound feed? Or screenshare of the presentation laptop? I'd really like to be able to comment/participate, but I am in the UK.

Community Coach
Community Coach

drimmer@bromsgrove-school.co.uk​, none (or very few) of the sessions will be live streamed in any way. The best way to check out these sessions will be after the conference. After the conference Canvas posts video of all the sessions online on YouTube and here in the Community. As an example, check out what got posted for last year - InstructureCon 2015 - YouTube & InstructureCon 2015 Video

Hope this helps!

Community Member

Okay, thanks, kona@richland.edu​. I had hoped for live tweets or similar...nevermind.

Community Team
Community Team

drimmer@bromsgrove-school.co.uk​, people will definitely be live tweeting from InstructureCon (they'll be competing for badges DIGITAL MERIT BADGES (instcon16) ) ! Look for the hashtag #instcon when you're following the events on Twitter.

Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes, definitely live tweeting!!

Community Team
Community Team

Definitely keep an eye on the Instcon space here in the community.  Lots of people will be posting pics and live blogging the sessions.  Twitter will also probably be very active

Community Member

For those of you who missed this session, a few folks have been re-capping their thoughts in their blog posts. Check out and feel free to keep the conversation going:

Lots of great discussion here!! Smiley Happy 

Learner II

Hi Deactivated user​, I really enjoyed your presentation on the new Quiz Tool at InstructureCon. With the plan of new quizzing tool are new granular permissions/roles being developed at the same time?

Instructure
Instructure

What sort of permissions are you wanting?

Learner II

So currently assignments and quizzes are lumped together as one and while quizzes can be assignments, "dropbox" like items and turnitin papers are not really quizzes. The current setting for this "tool" is: Manage (add/edit/delete) assignments and quizzes

There is an idea

its the new tool it would be nice to see quizzes pulled out of being grouped with assignments (especially if it is going to be its own LTI-like tool). It would also be nice to see the Add, Edit, and Delete as separate settings. This will allow admins to set TAs (or other roles) to only having the permissions needed. For example, just the ability to edit assignments but not delete or add one.