cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Quizzes.Next: Modern Quizzing in Canvas

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit:  Quizzes.Next: Modern Quizzing in Canvas

What is the Modern Quizzing Engine all about? The answer to this question doesn't require multiple choice! Join the Canvas team to learn about the evolution of testing in Canvas.

Tags (1)
28 Replies
Highlighted

It would be good to get an update on this.  It has been talked about for a year and half.  

Highlighted

a.eberhard@auckland.ac.nz, I was part of the beta testing they did less than a month ago and it's definitely real and it's definitely coming!

Highlighted

Excellent.

Highlighted
Surveyor

I need Rich Text editing in my answer choices for quizzes.  Please implement this! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Member

One feature I'd like to see is the ability to draw questions from multiple pools and then randomize the order of ALL the questions on the quiz. Right now, questions from the first pool are presented before questions from the second pool. 

Highlighted
Community Member

Has there been any thought given to making it as hard as possible for quiz takers to capture/copy the quiz questions and answers? I know that this cannot be fully prevented (for example a student could snap a photo of the question with a smart phone, or retype the question into a word processor) but making it as difficult as possible to copy the question will help reduce the unauthorized copying and sharing of quiz/test content. If anyone is interested in this, I have some ideas for how it could be done either as part of Canvas functionality or in some kind of custom quiz presenter Canvas add-on. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Me too me too me too 

but I'm feeling the utter silence about 'quizzes next.'   I'm thinking something  imploded ... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Really?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Quizzes.next appears to be a longer wait than what many of us had hoped for. 

I would imagine that some selected suggestions might have been addressed during the long wait. For example, inputing questions via Microsoft files... even if very limited. Then our simps hundreds of questions would have gotten new life. For someone with needs for science and math content, this process and wait have been painful. 

Highlighted

Some schools are using it right now and I heard from an Instructure employee who has been working on this that it is scheduled to be released by the beginning of next year - so Jan 2018.