cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Quizzes.Next: Modern Quizzing in Canvas

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit:  Quizzes.Next: Modern Quizzing in Canvas

What is the Modern Quizzing Engine all about? The answer to this question doesn't require multiple choice! Join the Canvas team to learn about the evolution of testing in Canvas.

Tags (1)
28 Replies
Highlighted

Thanks!    Any year now!   It's like our Rails to Trails project... 

Highlighted

To be honest I kind of said something similar when the Instructure Employee said that to me and he said something to the effect that I'd never heard him say a specific date, until now. This person was of some consequence and said he was standing behind that timeline. In addition, I also talked to one of the engineers working on the project and he said they'd been hitting it hard in the past months. 

Highlighted

I just remember the 2016 excitement -- and it makes me wonder about priorities.   The "well, we didn't actually promise anything that you can make us stick to!"   makes me groan.   The people of some consequence are not *at all* what brings me to Canvas... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

If some schools have it already, why wouldn't they make it available now and just call it a beta release. Then those who have lots of work to do can start preparing for larger scale implementation. We have some huge scientific (chemistry) databases that we'd like to convert. Starting that now would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

David, I've been hearing about this for about a year and a half now and yes, while it will be great, we need the actual product. The quiz functionality today is pretty under powered compared to other tools in the market.  I know there are and have been beta groups.  Perhaps you can talk to your CSM and get into one.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If I'm not mistaken 2 years ago when Jason was visiting Tacoma for a conference he said printing would be a possibility.  Are they now not considering it during the development?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

This has been around for many years by all the major LMS companies.  Surprised this wasn't thought about in the beginning.  You should be able to attach more than group within a group and then each group is randomized in the order the groups are made.  Hope this is implemented soon...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I haven't seen it available in the BETA yet but will they allow the pulling of questions based on the type of questions in the final.  So instead of having to break down many banks into TF or Matching that you can just bring it into the banks as a group and then when randomizing a group you can just say pull the matching from the bank?  Something our instructors have missed since the beginning as both WebCT, Angel and BB allows this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

PaperScore is NOT the tool we need here - from what I read on the vendor website, it's wonderful at what it does, but it DOES NOT assist printing an exam from Canvas.

0 Kudos