cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

API Calls Made Simple- Curtis Rose

With a simple-to-use Google Sheet, with only one plugin, anyone can make basic API calls without the need of assistance from a programmer or IT department. This easy-to-use form allows for customized reports that can be updated live as needed.

Tags (2)
23 Replies
Highlighted

Thank you, Brian Anders, I added the quotes and it's working!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi. Is tiny.cc/InstConAPI still available or available elsewhere ? When I type that address into my browser (Chrome, latest updates) I get a page that starts with .."Sorry, we weren't able to locate that URL"

Thanks .

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I found it on GitHub and managed to attach it to a Google Sheet - works a treat, many thanks !

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Robert, 

Would you mind sharing, I cant seem to find it on GitHub or anywhere else for that matter! Smiley Happy
Much appreciated!

Ryan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Ryan

Sure - here you go … GitHub - bradjasper/ImportJSON: Import JSON into Google Sheets, this library adds various ImportJSON... 

In my Google sheet I've been simplifying the construction of the parameters, as it's so easy to make a typo.

I'll be happy to share it with you and the community if it's of any use ….

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Oh, amazing! Thank you so much - I'd love to see something like that if you're willing to share! Smiley Happy

Ryan

Highlighted

Happy to share - I'll prettify and comment it over the next few days and share by early next week.

Highlighted
Community Member

You should be able to download the sheet from here: ImportJSONSheet - ambiently fork for Canvas Community - Google Sheets 

IMMEDIATELY TAKE A COPY OF THE SHEET AND USE THAT COPY OR YOU MAY LEAVE IMPORTANT DATA IN IT FOR EVERYONE TO SEE AND USE - SUCH AS YOUR ACCESS TOKEN - AND THAT WOULD BE BAD FOR YOUR STUDENTS, YOUR INSTITUTION ... AND YOUR CAREER !

Let me know if that doesn't work or you have any issues using it.

... and don't forget to take that copy - and use that copy not the original !

Highlighted

Hugely helpful!

Thanks a bunch - I'll ensure I take a copy Smiley Happy

Kindest,

Ryan

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Hi all,

We got this working. The formula is populating the spreadsheet with data from Canvas. However, the data is limited to just 100 rows. We've searched for a solution but haven't found one. Anyone experience this issue and find a fix?

We're using the "per_page=10000" argument.

Many thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos