cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

API Calls Made Simple- Curtis Rose

With a simple-to-use Google Sheet, with only one plugin, anyone can make basic API calls without the need of assistance from a programmer or IT department. This easy-to-use form allows for customized reports that can be updated live as needed.

Tags (2)
23 Replies
Highlighted

Hi William, 

You will need to implement pagination. Basically, you will store the value from each next x results and run the api again to get the next X and so on untill there is no "next" page to go. After that, you can merge all the objects in a single one and converts the json to any desired variable.

I tried to use Per_page with a higher value and did not worked untill i implemented the pagination on my lti (not these googlesheet one). 

Highlighted

Hi Alexandre,

Many thanks for your quick response. After seeing your post, I did some querying and it looks like pagination will require some programming skills. I'll pass this project off to our developers with the information you provided. I was hoping to relieve them of some busy work by handling some of the less complex reporting tasks. Oh, well. 🙂

Thanks again,

Bill

Highlighted

Hi Alexandre,

Well, this was a major breakthrough for me. I opened the URL part of the formula in Firefox and was able to find the link headers under the Headers tab. This gave me the argument I needed to cycle through the pages of data in Google Sheets. Thanks again for pointing me to pagination.

Finding the link headers in Firefox

Bill

Highlighted

Glad it worked o/

0 Kudos