cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Embedding Content in Canvas, or: How I Learned to Stop Being Bland and Make My Content Amazing

I'm excited to be presenting at InstructureCon 2018. It's one of my very favorite conferences, and this year I get to present a very fun topic: how to embed content into Canvas like a rockstar (or ringmaster). We will discover the latest educational technology products and strategies to improve student experience by bringing teaching to life and fostering a community of learning within the classroom.

Embedding content into Canvas is when you place code from another website into your course content page. This session will showcase educational technology platforms that you can use to enhance your online and blended course content. Learn about the latest developments in the ed tech community and discover a world of free and cheap (with educator discounts) resources. Also, learn about some of the more professional platforms and interactions that are available through licensing. You will come away from this webinar both informed and inspired.

Learning Objectives:
1. Discover various ed tech platforms and resources that you can use in your courses
2. Learn how to integrate ed tech tools into Canvas

Thursday, July 26 at 10am in Gray's Peak 1

Session Details 

As part of the Canvas Community, I would also like to invite you to collaborate with me on this presentation. I would very much appreciate comments on this blog post: are there any ed tech platforms that you use that you think are awesome and worth sharing or is there anything that you would like to explore? I would be happy to research and cover the interests of the community as I refine this presentation.

Photo by John Schnobrich on Unsplash

46 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

snufer‌ your presentation is a must-see for me, so I will definitely be there, and if there is anything you need an audience member to be ready to do during the presentation, just let me know and I will be there to do it. 🙂

Highlighted

laurakgibbsyou are just asking to wear the funny hat there! Audience participation risker - love it. 

Highlighted

Ha ha, you've got me figured out, bobby.pedersen@education.tas.gov.au‌ ... since I'm doing this panda-drone thing, I actually got myself a propeller hat already. 🙂

Highlighted

Oh man, laurakgibbs I want a propeller hat! I haven't seen one of those in more than 50 years!

So I checked, and guess what I found: Nerds Animal House Multi-Color Student Orange Bead Propeller Hat Cap Accessory - Walmart.com 

Now we can all wear them to InstCon. We will be sooooooooo cool!

Kelley

Highlighted

And, for throwback Tuesday................................

280219_pastedImage_1.png

I really did have a couple of these back in the day!

Highlighted

Ha ha, this is so great! I was glad I could find it online; I searched on propeller hat and then found that "propeller beanie" is also a thing. 🙂

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Shoot, I was brainstorming with my team yesterday, trying to figure out what would be a fun prize if I were to do some Kahoot! competition.  I just couldn't come up with anything good.  King sized snickers bars?  We're going to have plenty of sweets and food there.  Cotton candy?  Again, too much sweet.  Some branded merch from my institution?  Who honestly wants clutter with another institution's logo on it - especially when we'll get our choice of cool vendor stuff.  

Nerds Animal House Multi-Color Student Orange Bead Propeller Hat Cap Accessory - Walmart.com 

This.  This is what people will want.  Thanks kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu!

Highlighted

A few more gems snufer

Opinion Stage, Desmos, Histography and Jigsaw Planet embed beautifully. 

Opinion Stage: Create Polls, Quizzes, Lists and more  

Desmos | Beautiful, Free Math  

https://histography.io/  

Jigsaw Planet - Free Online Jigsaw Puzzles  

Highlighted

Fabulous!!! 🙂

Highlighted

I know snufer , they are just that cool!

I found a site where you can order customizable promotional propeller beanies. Of course, the challenge then is what to brand them with!

WaDaYaNeed?com

Better save one for me, my friend!

Kelley