Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Canvas Mobile Apps, Not Just for Students Anymore

Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu

Let's explore a day in the life with Canvas Mobile apps which includes a real-world experience by students and teachers while on-the-go. This session will help teachers and designers better understand mobile use, optimize course content, communicate effectively, and create an awesome learning experience, anywhere.

36 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

I've been thinking about the app and this helped clarify things

Highlighted

Great! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the presentation! 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Thanks, I loved seeing the history. We forget how much has changed in such a short time.

Highlighted

Yes, people get accustomed to a new feature quickly and forget that we did not have it a few months ago.  Human nature is interesting. 

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

This was a very informative overview of the apps.  I LOVED the history lesson on how the current app evolved.  The Mobile Design tips were very helpful.  Being in a  K12 1 to 1 district with iPads, all our student use the Student App for iOS.  I think it is SO important that teachers think about the layout of their course and how the students will see it.  I feel like chunking the content is one of the most important parts in designing a course.  We just started using Canvas this year across the entire district i really hadn't looked or thought about requirement until now.Thank you for pointing out that requirements will help the students see where they left off in the course.  I think this could be very helpful to the students even if they are getting face to face instruction as well. So much more to think about when it comes to training and informing our teachers in the district.

Highlighted

crhyland@nbisd.org...

You might also be interested in watching this video from this past Summer's InstructureCon 2019 conference: .

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

THANKS!  I'll check it out!