Canvas In Related Arts

Jump to solution
alunsfor
Community Participant

I am looking for ideas of how to incorporate Canvas on a routine basis in the related arts courses (Art, Music, PE, STEM, Etc.) in the schools in my district (We are a K12 District, with iPads K-8 and Chromebooks 9-12).  I have found a few articles but would love other ideas that I can share with my teachers.

5 Solutions
JasmineOguntuga
Community Participant

We have a few teachers using it to upload final projects, peer feedback, view videos for routines and procedures. Teacher modeling for the course and communicating with parents. I would recommend creating templates that are easy to use and share in the commons. 

View solution in original post

EmilyGaugler
Community Novice

I am an art teacher and I use canvas to create modules for each unit. Within the module I have an intruduction where I embed the presentation about the art type or about an artist. Then I have each step as a seperate page or assignment within the module. I list my instructions and then I also have demo videos embedded within the pages so students can reference them if they are absent or they want clarification. I still demonstrate in person but I teach middle school and students tend to get on different steps. At the end of the module I have an assignment for students to turn in pictures of their project before they turn then in. That way if any get misplaced they have proof.

Jasmine,  Thank you for the ideas.  Those all are great and I will definitely we looking at those.

0 Likes

Jasine,  How are the peer feedback done.  Do you use the peer review?  Can you tell me a little more.

0 Likes

Emily,  Thank you for the example module.  That really makes sense.  Those are great ideas.