Canvas quote of the week

Bobby2
Community Champion

"We think many teachers live in their LMSes. Move a couch in, some mood lighting and flowers in that corner over there and it's practically home." 

@https://padlet.com/blog/lms 

I stumbled on this quote today and had to share. Any other pearls of wisdom out there?

261113_chair.jpg

12 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

"We do not learn from experience; we learn from reflecting on experience."

- John Dewey

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Create a Classroom of Learners

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

Canvas just isn't big enough for my couch, ha ha. I live on the web, and I need the wide open space of the Internet for all my learning furniture. 🙂

I need space to question and to explore.

cat climbs tree_ I need space to question and to explore.

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

Google and ye shall find: my couch is too big for the LMS. 🙂

couch too big for room

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Perhaps not all courses can be taught online, but all courses can benefit from an online presence!

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Check out all of these great quotes: https://elearningindustry.com/inspirational-elearning-quotes-for-elearning-professionals 

You know eLearning is maturing when you can find far out and groovy quotes on that there interweb thingy!

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Here is one of my favorites, from one of my favorite InstCon keynote speakers....

“It’s Not About the Technology; It’s About the Experiences”

Shelly Terrell

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

How cool that Shelly Terrell was at a past InstCon! Wonderful! 🙂

ssimpso4
Community Contributor

I find this is often true professionally, as well as in our broader society, unfortunately.

"Where knowledge is limited, and the desire to learn the complex reality doesn't exist, public opinion can be shaped by whoever generates the most powerful symbols." - George Friedman

Discuss . . . :smileyconfused:

Bobby2
Community Champion

ssimpso4Powerful symbols being? 

Public opinion is so easily shaped! Hope we are creating the right 'symbols' then. 

tellison
Community Contributor

"If you Dream it, you Can do it," Walt Disney

261246_db014e7e2ce536b8cf058c64e72f4df1--wall-prints-framed-art-prints.jpg

Bobby2
Community Champion

Not really LMS related but some beauties here. My top 10 quotes on success | Virgin