I was speaking with a high school metal shop teacher the other day. He had what I thought as a neat way to use Canvas in his lab. The students must demonstrate how to safely use various pieces of equipment throughout the semester. When a student is ready to demonstrate a proficiency the following happens:
- Student goes and gets teacher
- Teacher has student login into Canvas on the teacher's iPad and hand the tablet back to the teacher
- Teacher navigates to a quiz, for example; Demonstrate Knowledge of Safe Use of a Lathe
- Teacher enters password to begin quiz
- Quiz has questions like "Student wore appropriate safety goggles" [Yes/No]. As the student works through their demo, the teacher 'answers' the questions.
I thought this would be a great technique for nursing programs, lab classes or any course with a field component.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.