cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lhenson
Community Contributor

Customize Course Menu

Jump to solution

Is there a way to add something to the course menu?  The teachers would like a link to their online curriculum (Pearson Realize) in the menu on their courses. There isn't an app available so I can't go that route. I tried manually adding it, but when I put the login page URL, it shows an error and can't add it.  I have tried adding it via Manual Entry and By URL and neither one will work.  What am I missing?  Do I have to have the Consumer Key and Shared Secret for this?  In the documentation, it mentions that you might not need it for some things. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ysmalls
Community Champion

Hi  @lhenson ,

The Redirect tool (big blue arrow) will work great for this, it's part of the Edu App Center already, it's totally free.  They just paste the URL, give it a tiled and select for it to display on the menu navigation and it will be added.  Works like a charm.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ysmalls
Community Champion

Hi  @lhenson ,

The Redirect tool (big blue arrow) will work great for this, it's part of the Edu App Center already, it's totally free.  They just paste the URL, give it a tiled and select for it to display on the menu navigation and it will be added.  Works like a charm.

View solution in original post

richardm
Community Participant

Hi  @lhenson ,

Recently discovered the Redirect app and love it. I'm building my course for next year and I've got a shot below of an embedded padlet I'll use as a bulletin board and how it appears in the course menu Smiley Happy

261527_Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 3.25.45 PM.png

The Redirect Tool is amazing for customizing the course navigation! I use it frequently in my courses for adding quick links to PDFs, collaborative tools, and other items that need to be accessed easily and frequently. :smileygrin:   @lhenson , would this be a tool that would work for you and your colleagues?

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @lhenson ‌ - It's been a while since the Canvas Community has heard from you! Have you been able to add your custom link to the course? It would be great to get an update! Smiley Happy

lhenson
Community Contributor

Thanks for all the info.  This worked great.  Now we have what we need where we need it.