Now that that lyric is stuck in your head, let's consider the parallels between a successful club DJ and a successful Canvas trainer, coach, and/or teacher:
Like the song says, "Doing it right. Everybody will be dancing." That about sums it up, no? If a DJ can't get folks onto and keep them on the dance floor, they're going to quickly find him or herself without any gigs.
The same could be said for those of us in K-12 who are working diligently to drive blended learning implementation via Canvas-usage at our schools and in our institutions. Whether you're an instructional leader, a Canvas trainer, a professional learning leader, or a classroom teacher, if you can't get professionals and/or students 'dancing' in Canvas, you might quickly find yourself being asked some version of, "Why are we spending $ on this system if most teachers aren't using it and students report they don't like it?"
In the Comments section below, post an example of evidence that illustrates that you're Doin' It Right in your classroom, department, or school. You'll enjoy making your comment even more if you are listening to the track while you type.
- Responsible for the visioning, implementation, and support of innovative digital (blended and fully-online)
learning initiatives for students and staff.
- Current Canvas LMS administrator for Arlington ISD.
- Former social studies curriculum & instructional specialist.
- Former JH social studies teacher.
- Master's degree in Curriculum & Instruction
- BA in History / BA in Political Science