How Are You Growing with Canvas?

erin_keefe
Instructure
Instructure

The Education Services Department released Growing with Canvas in July 2018 as a free resource for the Canvas community to use to "grow" their skills! The blog post announcing Growing with Canvas is here: Growing with Canvas - New Training Course. You can find the course in the Canvas Commons.

We'd love to hear how you're using it!

We will update this blog as the resource grows and changes. We invite you to share, ask questions, and tell us how you're "Growing with Canvas!"

Please comment below. We’d love to hear from you!

The Learning Services department is always ready to help your organization create a cycle of success with
Canvas through Change Management, Training, Instructional Design, and Adoption Consulting! If you would like to learn more about our services, please contact your CSM.

24 Comments
Bobby2
Community Champion

@erin_keefe e love it! Currently pondering on modifying it slightly to match our Department of Education then offering it as a self enrol course. 

erin_keefe
Instructure
Instructure

@Bobby2 ‌ - that's awesome! Can you keep me posted on how it's going for you guys???

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Morning  @erin_keefe 

I don't know how I missed the original announcement, then I noted that it was July 2018, and suspected I was just blinded by the razzle dazzle of InstCarn! I have downloaded the course from Commons, and will be checking it out.

In the meantime, your link to the announcement above produced an error, so I searched the old-fashioned way, and got here: https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/k12/blog/2018/07/24/growing-with-canvas-new-training-course 

Now I can only hope my new link works:(

Kelley

erin_keefe
Instructure
Instructure

Thanks for letting me know! I updated the link. 

kmeeusen
Community Champion

I knew you would,  @erin_keefe  !

Happy Friday!

Bobby2
Community Champion

@erin_keefe ‌ we have released a link to self enrol in our Tasmanian Growing With Canvas course this week. Already 14 people have signed up. Exciting! Thank you for providing such a well set up course.

erin_keefe
Instructure
Instructure

Oh, this is AMAZING,  @Bobby2 ‌! Please keep me posted. I'm so happy!

lwilliams16
Community Novice

My school is going to be using Canvas this coming school year.

I have learned so much with the, "Growing With Canvas", course.

The course is very helpful and you leave feeling like, "I can do this!".

erin_keefe
Instructure
Instructure

Oh  @lwilliams16 ‌ that's so great to hear!!

MariaGlyckherr
Community Member

Great program.

Nadakh72
Community Member

Great program,I have  learned alot in this course . That was helpful.  

garcien
Community Member

Hey, what's up with those Badges!? Course completed, very useful and instructive by the way but, where are my Badges!? 😉

DrDave1
Community Member

Great course. Learned how to navigate better from different areas of the program.

cbudilov2105
Community Novice

The course was a bit content heavy.  So many new concepts to be committed to our memory bank

I also enjoyed how it had modules before quizzes.    Also, the amount of module are way too long.  I enjoyed the instructional videos.

douglas_mcelroy
Community Novice

I thought this would be an easy review, since I've used canvas for over a year.  I was wrong.  Canvas has a lot of features and capabilities that I did not know about.  It was very useful to me, as I want to use some of these "new" things in my class, now.

khe
Community Member

I am a new faculty member and found the orientation to Canvas to be very helpful.

Drsean
Community Novice

Gotta say, I have been using Canvas for years and this was a really good, well put together review (and some stuff I forgot) of the whole system.  Well done.  and thanks for keeping it 'meat and potatoes/'. 

IsabelleAirey
Community Novice

I am enjoying canvas and all the options it provides me as an instructor to be creative.

KristineFinnega
Community Member

It looks like an interesting platform with a lot of options for teachers and students

RebeccaRoberts1
Community Member

Thank you, it is user friendly.

CherylValeriano
Community Member

Once we start using Canvas on a regular basis, it will become easier to use,  We checked the box to complete all the mandatory training.  Yes, I learned quite a bit.  However, I will like it better when I come more familiar with it by using it!
Sort like the way we learned how to use our last platform.  

DawnMacDonald
Community Novice

Thank you I found the Canvas Orientation to be very helpful! 

TanyaRamirez
Community Novice

Thank you! The program appears to be very intuitive, and as I am well-versed with Schoology and Blackboard, I am sure that I will have no issues transferring over. 

I also know how to find help when I need it! Thank you for all of the resources!

GregoryWatford
Community Member

I am currently using Canvas in all my classes. It has enabled me to help some of my students who currently have challenges with being able to attend school regularly by allowing them to work asynchronously.