cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amber_hainline
Community Participant

How are high school instructors using Canvas to gamify their courses?

I've been encouraging our staff to utilize Canvas in new ways, and I'm interested in the concept of gamification. I've considered using the concept to restructure our online PD. However, I want to give our staff some viable and options to use with their students to enhance learning. How have high school instructors used Canvas to gamify their courses? Has it been successful? How have you differentiated instruction for students with special needs? What challenges have you faced? I want to hear it all--the good, the bad, and the ugly. Smiley Happy Thanks in advance for sharing!

5 Replies
clong
Community Champion

Great topic Amber! I'm going to change this to a discussion as you are hoping for others to share their experiences rather than finding one right answer. Can't wait to see what others are doing in this area as well. I've been meaning to do something like this for PD but haven't gotten of the ground yet. :smileyblush:

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @amber_hainline ​, if you haven't already joined the Gamification​ group, I hope you will do so! Lots of great ideas there. In fact, I'm going to share your discussion with that group to enhance its visibility with like-minded community members.

amber_hainline
Community Participant

Thank you, stefaniesanders​! I am a part of the gamification group and debated the best spot for the discussion. Smiley Happy Thank you!

awilliams
Community Champion

Hey  @amber_hainline ​

Let me point you to some related resources you may find helpful.

Ideas on how to bend Canvas into Gamification uses​ - Another discussion with a lot of good ideas and links on gamification.

​ - A CanvasLIVE session on gamification

That first one really has a ton of great links in the original post and in the comments.

awilliams​,

Thank you! I had already viewed the video and obtained some great tips, but I was not aware of the first discussion. Thank you for sharing! I've already bookmarked it to peruse this evening! Woo hoo for lazy evenings and a plethora of resources! Smiley Happy