How do I make all my quizzes out of 10 points but have various number of questions?

Jump to solution
applem
Community Contributor

Teacher  question:

"I was wondering if it is possible to over ride a quiz point amount.  For example I know you can make a rubric and have a different point total then what the rubric
indicates.  So I was wondering if I could have a 23 question quiz but only make it worth 10 points."

The teacher would like to make all of her quizzes worth 10 points but have various number of questions. You cannot use a rubric to grade quizzes and she does not want to regrade every quiz.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

1 Solution
kona
Community Champion

@applem ​, if you don't want to use a rubric to grade this, then the only way to do this is to take 10 points/23 questions = .434782609 and then manually make each quiz question worth this number of points; if you're using question groups you would set the number of points each question is worth to this amount. Granted it probably won't add up exactly to 10, but it's the closest you can get. It might actually be easier to tweak the number of questions on the quiz (ex: make it 20 questions so it would be 0.5 points per question) or the number of points the quiz is worth.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post