Powering Up Your Canvas Course: Canvas Beginner Essentials

Stephenie_J
Community Participant

After Year Five of our Canvas implementation, teachers are still reluctant to really dive in and use it to its fullest. These Beginner Essentials take a brand new user

or one who has had it on the back shelf for years
                  ...and years...
                             and some more years.... 

from how to add a professional profile picture to using the scheduler. 

I've tried to think through a "best practices" flow for teachers to follow. These are just my ideas and how I think teachers can take steps to use Canvas. Feel free to post your ideas and how I might make adjustments!   

Power Up Your Canvas Course, Beginner Essentials: Phase 1 - by Stephenie Jordan [Infographic] 

Power Up Your Canvas Course, Beginner Essentials: Phase 2 - by Stephenie Jordan [Infographic] 

Power Up Your Canvas Course, Beginner Essentials: Phase 3 - by Stephenie Jordan [Infographic] 

Power Up Your Canvas Course, Beginner Essentials: Phase 4 - by Stephenie Jordan [Infographic] 

10 Comments
shellysmith
Community Participant

Thank you for sharing!

isobel_williams
Community Contributor

Hi j1201982

Thank you for sharing this looks very good!

Isobel

Bobby2
Community Champion

j1201982 these are fabulous. Thanks so much for the share. 

lcoakley
Community Member

Hi Stephenie,

Your infographics look great - thank you for sharing!

Lauren

Lauren Coakley

Education Technologies Coordinator

Mount Aloysius College

814-886-6541

rconroy
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Yay! j1201982‌ this is sooo great! Thanks again for all your work, these are super helpful! 

Bitmoji Image

tankovpa
Community Contributor

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

j1201982...

I really like how you've created short summaries and made it super simple for people to know where to go to read more via links to Guides.  Well done!

If I could make a few suggestions:

• #5 points to the student Guide instead of the instructor Guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12896-4152719654
  • #5 - It might be helpful to indicate "All Courses" can be accessed this way: Courses >> All Courses
  • #7 - The color overlay can be removed.  It's covered in the "Manage Image" section near the bottom of the Guide you have linked.  Maybe there wasn't enough room in your text box to cover that, too?
Stephenie_J
Community Participant

Thanks! I'll tweak them based on your suggestions! I appreciate you looking them over. 

JohnAScott
Community Member

Excellent Work!

mwehrman
Community Member

Your infographics are great--clean and to the point.  Thanks for sharing.  Have you thought about doing one for Harmonize?