Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mburton

Saving a partial test

Jump to solution

Do students have the ability to save progress on a test and then come back at a later time to finish it?

Tags (2)
1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mburton ​, there is no actual save button, but as long as the students don't go past the due date and time limit (or click the Submit Quiz button - this is a big one, if they click this button the test is submitted and you can't undo it) they can go in and out of a test as much as they want. This guide provides a little more information for students (it's a student guide) - How do I submit a Quiz?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mburton ​, there is no actual save button, but as long as the students don't go past the due date and time limit (or click the Submit Quiz button - this is a big one, if they click this button the test is submitted and you can't undo it) they can go in and out of a test as much as they want. This guide provides a little more information for students (it's a student guide) - How do I submit a Quiz?

If you have the quiz/test password protected and you only want students to be able to access the test when they are in your presence, can you change the password so that the next time they try to access the quiz/test they will have to obtain the new password from you?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

That's a good question. I've never tried that before, but just did in a test course and yes, it did require students to enter the NEW password when they went to go back in to the test. Pretty cool! I love learning new things like this! Smiley Happy

clong
Community Champion

That is Kool-Aide cool! Neat trick to pass on.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

This is great! I'm sharing a handful of small Canvas Tips & Tricks our next faculty meeting. This will be a perfect addition to my list.

clong
Community Champion

Would love to see your list :smileygrin:

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Me too! Me too!! :-)​

LisaCasto

Me too!   I do Peak of the Week Tips on Wednesdays,(stole the title from Sirius Radio The Highway--Wed is peak of week, instead of Hump Day)  so love to see  what you do!

@mburton ​, I'm sorry that this post took a turn in a very different direction! I hope you don't mind as it's rather productive.

LisaCasto​, I do something similar! I write a bi-weekly EdTech Tips & Tools email campaign. I highlight some great EdTech articles, Canvas Updates, Features open for voting, best practices (occurring in our building), and then some other apps and sites worth noting. Its a fun one-stop-shop for technology related news for teachers. We then archive information in our Staff Resources canvas course.

To branch this discussion away from this question, I made a separate post called Canvas Settings That Make Teachers' Lives Easier​.