Are you a World Language Teacher using Stepping Stones?

stephanie_migno
Community Explorer

I would love to hear from you! I would like to get a group collaboration going with the goal of setting up Tina Hargaden's Stepping Stones curriculum structure  in Canvas. It could be as simple as embedding the Padlet into a Module; but since my district is moving to Canvas and the students will be using it in all of their classes, I would like to see how I can leverage the features in Canvas to move smoothly through the Cycles and Phases---- virtually, face-to-face, or hybrid.  If you are in a similar situation, and need or can offer help, please speak up! 

I teach high school German, Levels 1-4 in SC (30 years!), but of course all languages/levels are relevant. Any amount of experience with CI, Stepping Stones and Canvas is welcome! A good goal, I think, would be to get a generic (not language-specific) Stepping Stones shell into the Commons. It would be wondrous, of course, if we ultimately had Master Courses for each language in the Commons, loaded with content for each language! (I can dream, can't I?)

So if you would like to be involved, please introduce yourself! Let us know the languages, levels, and grades you teach, where and how long. I have some experience with CI and Stepping Stones (a few years of teaching mostly Description and Narration, using the the daily framework and many of the strategies, plus a Summer Institute in June), but much less with  Canvas (a two-day training in June, that's it). How about you?