cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Canvas and Literature Circles?

Has anyone used Canvas for literature circles/reading groups in the elementary classroom? If so, how? I am working with a group of elementary teachers and we are trying to figure out best practice in regards to Canvas and literature circles.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

While I haven't used canvas for my Guided Reading groups.  I am guessing it's kind of the same thing as literature circles.  I have used it to have them do tasks when I am running my groups.  I have had them record themselves reading, do word study practice and quizzes.  But Mitchell Mosbey has some good examples of what he uses in the Commons.  Check his stuff out by putting it in a sandbox course.  He also has a blog called primarytechteaching.com check him out.  Another AWESOME Hoosier.  I am interested to see what others do as well.  I'd love to brainstorm ideas.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi!

Thank you aantonson@ecasd.us for submitting this question! Based on your inquiry, I feel that this is a better discussion than a question that has a single “correct” answer. However, because another Community member has clicked the “I also have this question!” button, I am unable to convert it to a discussion for an ongoing conversation.

Because it is my goal to clean up the K-12 space before the end of 2018 so only the only open questions are those that are still relevant! With that goal in mind, I am going to mark this question as “Assumed Answered” so it is removed from the list. The status will not prevent Community members from contributing and continuing this conversation! Smiley Happy

Community Onward,

Kristin