cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bowersp
Surveyor II

Canvas to PowerSchool grade passback

We sync with PowerSchool and have rolled out PT Pro. The Canvas support has been working very hard and we believe we are close on the new grade passback. In fact, we are successfully utilizing the new process for our PowerSchool created courses.

One primary problem now is for manually created course shells that have PowerSchool sections crosslisted into them. We cannot get PT Pro categories to import, therefore, we are stuck with regard to grade passback. I realize the manually created courses do not have a SIS ID, but the sections crosslisted into them do.  In some cases, we have online courses using the manual shells with sections crosslisted from multiple schools. If grade passback is not an option, our teachers will face the task of maintaining up to 6 separate gradebooks for each online course.  This worked last year and Canvas support has again identified that a course does not have to have a SIS ID, just the sections.

Is anyone aware of a solution?

1 Reply
jcrawford
Community Member

Hi  @bowersp  ,

Are all of your other courses able to import the categories?  And are you seeing high success with grades passing back? We are having TONS of issues with importing categories, Canvas saying Successful export of grades and them not showing in PS, etc.  We only have a few courses that we manually created for the purpose of cross-listing into them, but I'm sure we're having issues with them, too (I'll add that to my list).  I talked with my CSM and some pretty high level SIS Integration team members today, and I can't say they made me feel great about things...  Just curious if you're seeing the same issues.  gradepassback ptp #powerteacher pro#powerschool#ex grades