Clearing a teacher attempt so item can be unpublished.

Jump to solution
patricia_lipsey
Community Participant

This was talked about a year ago and archived so I do not see a solution. 

I made the mistake of taking part of a test  to check something out. I never clicked submit but it put it ¨in process¨.   For the summer course I want to unpublish this question but Canvas does not allow me to do that.  I deleted the test and re-imported it but to no avail.  I learned from reading posts here that I should have used student view and will in the future. Does anyone know how I can unpublish this quiz after starting an attempt?  Thanks so much. Pat

1 Solution
kona
Community Champion

@patricia_lipsey , it's strange that even after you deleted the test and then re-imported it you still weren't able to unpublish it. In general you should have been able to do this with no problem (I've done it myself a time or two). From what you're saying it seems like you can either (1) contact Canvas Support by clicking the Help link --> Report a problem, and see if they can help OR (2) delete the test and build it back from scratch - if the questions are in the question bank you should be able to do this pretty quickly (I've also done this a time or two).

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post