Delete Preview Quiz Submission

Jump to solution
lhenson
Community Contributor

I was in Preview mode on a quiz and clicked 'Submit" to print a copy of the test with the answers.  Now I can't unpublish the quiz because there is a 'submission'.  Is there anyway to delete that submission so that I can unpublish the test.  Because the submission was from a teacher, it isn't showing up in Grades or SpeedGrader to alter it.  I have it locked for now, but that isn't a good solution right now.

1 Solution
kona
Community Champion

@lhenson ​, unfortunately quiz submissions can't be deleted in Canvas. Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of (since no one has taken it and you want it to be unpublished) is to copy the quiz back into the course (from the same course you are in) and then delete the original and keep (and leave unpublished) the copy. To do this follow these directions - How do I import content from another Canvas course? - but when you go to select the course select the same course you are in (you'll get a warning icon) and then make sure to select specific content and then only check the box next to the quiz you want to duplicate. Not perfect, but if you really don't want it to be published that's about the only thing I can think of.

In the future if faculty want to to leave something unpublished, but still check it or submit (to get the answers to print off), they could log into your Canvas test environment - How do I access the Canvas test environment? - and do it from there. Nothing in the test environment changes anything in your live production environment (and students can't access the test environment), so you won't have to worry about the quiz being published after printing the answers.

Sorry for the problems, but I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes