cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Do observers no longer have rights to see grades through the app?

Jump to solution

My Parent observers are telling me when they go on the app to look at their children they do not see any grades on the app? Is this a problem that is coming with any other school / accounts? In the past year parents/observers were able to view grades now they can not?

Any one have any advice or suggestions?

thanks

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

dkamelhar@mdyhs.net we have lots of parent / observers who contacted us to say the same thing... that the (red) mobile app was not showing grades.  I confirmed that students could still see grades in the (red) app and parents / observer could see grades in the (blue) parent app as well as in the browser, but not when logged into the (red) student app.   Our team called Canvas support and they acknowledged the bug.  They also said this will not be fixed as all mobile efforts for parents will be concentrated on the Canvas Parent app.  I have informed my parents (120K+) that the red mobile app is no longer supported for parents. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm not sure of the answer to this question, but I'm going to share this in the Canvas Mobile Users​ group to see if they can help.

Highlighted
Community Member

dkamelhar@mdyhs.net we have lots of parent / observers who contacted us to say the same thing... that the (red) mobile app was not showing grades.  I confirmed that students could still see grades in the (red) app and parents / observer could see grades in the (blue) parent app as well as in the browser, but not when logged into the (red) student app.   Our team called Canvas support and they acknowledged the bug.  They also said this will not be fixed as all mobile efforts for parents will be concentrated on the Canvas Parent app.  I have informed my parents (120K+) that the red mobile app is no longer supported for parents. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ugh.  Parents being able to see grades (and announcements too) would be so helpful.

I think Announcements can be turned "on" at an administrative level but so far I don't think that has happened for our observers.  It makes it tough for parents when a lot of our agendas / info is in daily announcements.