Google Classroom

Jump to solution
mjdeister
Community Member

​Has anyone used Google Classroom with Canvas?  I am looking for some How tos.

1 Solution
andrea_earl
Community Contributor

I also used Schoology and Google Classroom last year, but we are transitioning to Canvas. At first, I thought that I would no longer use Google Classroom (which replaced Doctopus for distribution and management of assignment templates.) However, in playing with Canvas, I have found that I cannot access a student's document until it is submitted and that submission is only a "snapshot". I can only view the live assignment if a student shares it with me. I have also had trouble with students sharing assignments properly, titling the assignments properly and then managing all of these assignments in my Google Drive. I want the ability to "pop into" an assignment in progress, see how a student is doing and offer live feedback. Therefore, I will continue to use Google Classroom for distribution, management of assignments, and real-time feedback, but Canvas for the final submission and grading. So far, this seems like the best of both worlds for me, but I will try @ @clong  copy idea for assignments I don't care about interacting with before submission.

View solution in original post