Multiple Available Dates/Times for one Assignment

Jump to solution
lhenson
Community Contributor

We have a Canvas Course for our campus that use for many purposes such as having the students vote for Homecoming Queen, Class Officers, etc.  To accomplish this, we have been creating assignments with links to the ballots and setting availability dates and times so they can only vote on a specific date at a specific time. We are wanting to extend this next ballot over 2 days at a specific time each day.  I can set the availability for day 1, but can't figure out how to set it for Day 2 without creating a whole new assignment.  Is there a way to do this?  I can create a second assignment to reflect availability for Day 2, but then the kids have two assignments that are the same thing - kind of confusing for them.  

If there is another way that might be easier to accomplish this beside creating an Assignment, I am all ears.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Leslie -  Quick idea - What if you adjusted the availability on the morning of Day 2? Since the students can't vote in the past, extending the time at the very beginning of the second day would make no changes to the content or the student experience.

View solution in original post

0 Likes